Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Dead Serious" Interview with Cy Harp

 BlaqcRain.com sat down with Cy Harp to get the exclusive lo down on the man behind "Dead Serious" and why he chose this title to represent him this time around!




BlaqcRain: "Dead Serious" is the title that you have chosen for your concert on July 31st in Cleveland. Can you explain to the people why you chose "Dead Serious" for the title and ultimately naming your up coming album the same?

Cy Harp: I called the concert "Dead Serious" as an introduction of what's to come from Cy Harp. The reason why i called my album Dead Serious is; I'm talking about a lot of issues that’s far from joking right now. There are earthquakes destroying countries, rapist running free, etc... I just think that’s a very serious matter to talk about, and what can be more serious then death? So Dead Serious matched my outlook and content on what I'm talking about.

BlaqcRain: So most know that you were part of the We Got Flow moment in this area. What’s going to be different in this "Dead Serious" concert and what are the similarities in the 2 movements?

(CH): The difference is Dead Serious is a focus on Cy Harp. We Got Flow was a focus on artists that actually has content in their music. The similarities are still the content, but now it’s a focus on Cy Harp. After headlining the sold out We Got Flow Tour, it would be foolish for me not to establish myself without standing next to someone else's fire to keep me warm.

BlaqcRain: When people think of the name Cy Harp, what are the things people should expect from your music and your performances?

(CH): I think people should expect brutal truth. That creates mixed emotions from those listening. Everyone knows after listening that everything i say is 100% the truth, but some cannot deal with what I'm saying. Like my freestyle on the Badu Track. I start with "You know what's bad, i got no emotions for the father/ in anyway as i rub my hands across his daughter"... Now how can you not relate to that as a guy that has sex. You don't give a flying F about the fathers emotions while your trying to get a nutt.

BlaqcRain: In your opinion, what is one of the songs that reflect "Dead Serious" the most?

(CH): Whoa... I would have to say the song All Honesty. That’s a track that i display my wrong doing and flaws of the truth. Deeply relatable and very very "Dead Serious". Talking about family members being drug attics... etc.

BlaqcRain: In the "Dead Serious" concert, are you having any opening acts, if so, who are the headliners beside yourself that people should look out for?

(CH): There will be some of the best talent in Ohio on the tab as well with me, but the artists that help me put this together is DaKreek and Zel 7000

BlaqcRain: Could you tell the people where and when the event is and also your contact info

(CH): Fans, haters, family...etc can check me out at http://www.CyHarp.com all my other information is there as well!

Final words: Just be comfortable being yourself!

 Dont forget to check out the "Dead Serious Movie Trailer"!!!

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

‎$24.99 for Non-Exclusive Lease @ www.soundclick.com/BlaqcRain | Contact BlaqcRainSales@gmail.com For More Information | www.BlaqcRain.com | BlaqcRainSales@gmail.com

 
Copyright 2010 BlaqcRain